SWEET POTATO JERKY 3oz
Dogs are sensitive animals; eating the wrong thing will lead to health issues if not resolved in time. So, what is the best dog treat on the market? You might be surprised that the answer is dehydrated sweet potato's.
• DEHYDRATED SWEET POTATO PRESERVES NATURAL ANTI-OXIDANTS, source of nature’s vitamins and minerals help complete your dog’s nutrient needs without supplements
• THICK CUT - Occupy your dog’s time, no guilt giving your dog this treat often as there is zero fat, no added sugar, fiber provided by natural potato skins helps balance blood sugar levels, great for senior diabetic dogs.
• GLUTEN FREE, GRAIN FREE, easier to digest and can be great for dogs that may be allergic to other things. Excellent component to those who's dogs are on a raw food diet
WHY THE SWEET POTATO JERKY IS GOOD FOR YOUR DOG
- Sweet potatoes are a natural and abundant source of beta-carotene and Vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential in helping the body fight off infections and remains resistant to any further infections.
- Sweet potatoes contain essential fibers and magnesium that are critical in the prevention and management of diabetes. The vegetables also have a moderately low glycemic index that also aids in the regulation of blood glucose levels.
- Sweet potatoes are an important source of magnesium, whose deficiency has been reported to be linked with a higher risk of depression, stress and anxiety. Thus, sweet potatoes can replenish the body’s magnesium levels and help alleviate the symptoms of depression and anxiety-related behaviors in individuals.
- The presence of anthocyanin’s and choline in sweet potatoes make the vegetables an essential dietary source in the prevention and reduction of chronic inflammation in the body.
- Sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene, a carotenoid, which is essential in protecting men from developing prostate cancer. In addition, extracts from different parts of sweet potatoes have been shown to accelerate the death of breast, gastric, colorectal, and prostate cancers, limiting the growth and spread of these cancers.
- Studies on the extracts from sweet potatoes have shown that the vegetable has chemicals that can help heal wounds and ulcers in the stomach. Thus, dietary consumption of sweet potatoes can be an effective treatment plan against major types of ulcers including ethanol and aspirin-induced ulcers.
- The fibers, anthocyanin, polyphenols, and high radical scavenging activity contained in sweet potatoes are all important in the fight against cardiovascular diseases.
- Sweet potatoes and their extracts possess antimicrobial activities, which can be used in the prevention and treatment of a variety of bacterial pathogens and infections.
- Sweet potatoes contain high levels of Vitamin A, C, and E, all of which are useful in the promotion of proper skin and hair health. These vitamins are useful in repairing skin that is damaged due to exposure to UV light. The vitamins also slow down the cell aging process in the skin helping you retain a youthful look for longer. In addition, vitamin E is especially useful in the prevention and treatment of alopecia, and maintaining good hair health.
- Sweet potatoes contain significantly high amounts of fibers, which are essential in promoting a well-functioning digestive tract, as well as preventing constipation.
- Sweet potatoes contain considerable amounts of both magnesium and potassium, both of which are essential in the fight against hypertension. They also help regulate the blood pressure, which reduces the chances of individuals suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
- Iron is essential in the promotion of fertility amongst women. An important source of dietary iron is sweet potatoes. Studies have shown that an increase in dietary intake of iron from food sources such as sweet potatoes can help reverse secondary fertility, as well as reduce the chances of women ending up suffering from ovulatory infertility.
- Sweet potatoes contain high amounts of vitamin A, C, and E, all of which are integral in promoting good vision. Deficiency of vitamin A results in night blindness, total blindness, as well as malformation of the retina. Deficiency in vitamin C is mostly associated with the development of cataracts.
- The fiber in sweet potatoes can help in maintaining satiety, as well as reducing the overall weight of an individual.
- Consuming sweet potatoes regularly can help enhance your memory.